“Keep cool when the heat is on” self-care and mindfulness strategies for you and your pupils
The aim of this course ‘keep cool when the heat is on’ is to enable teachers to develop and share activities, approaches and learning modes that foster a cooperative settled classroom.
The format will be:
· Gaining knowledge and understanding about the importance of social emotional learning (SEL) and how to incorporate these skills into the daily curriculum
· Learning about the basis for a ‘trauma informed’ classroom- managing challenging behaviour
· Generating materials and sharing ideas in small breakout groups
· Creating a physical portfolio and materials for activities; we will use card, colours, paint glue etc- according to the activity.
· Creating a digital record of the article and ideas
· Exploring multi-media approaches to SEL
We will be sharing knowledge and experience and developing a portfolio of skills and activities to use in class in September. There will be video presentations, articles to read and discussions in breakout groups. I will make every effort to maintain the supportive, interactive group that has made this course so successful in the past four years. It will be interactive and enjoyable!
Virtually through Zoom
Facilitator: Nora Sweetman
Booking Fee: €59
To book please click on LOG IN / REGISTER below
Zoom details will be sent out to registrants in advance of the course
|Course Date||17-08-2020 9:30 am|
|Course End Date||21-08-2020 2:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||24-06-2020|
|Individual Price||fifty nine euro|