The SIX BRICKS Christmas Course is designed for participants who have already completed hands-on SIX BRICKS Certificate Training to at least Levels 1 & 2 and is designed to build on and advance SIX BRICKS knowledge and practice. This live hands-on workshop is also suitable for participants who have completed training to higher levels e.g., levels 3 and 4.
During the course you will
· Build on SIX BRICKS experience by practicing some exciting new SIX BRICKS Winter & Christmas themed activities across a range of developmental/skills areas
· Revisit the SIX BRICKS Move and Learn MAT and the B Line MAT with some Winter & Christmas themed movements before proceeding to explore some new Winter & Christmas themed 6B MATS designed by Miriam especially for this workshop and not available elsewhere. The Christmas MATS will all be available in the Christmas shared folder that Miriam will give you access to and can be downloaded for use with your students.
Participants will be able to further develop their SIX BRICKS knowledge, ask questions and share experiences of implementation with the support of the trainer, Miriam O'Donoghue.
Course prerequisites: Participants must have already completed a hands-on SIX BRICKS Certificate Course to at least Levels 1 & 2 and may be asked to produce evidence of Certification if completed with another trainer. This course is also suitable if you have completed higher Six Bricks levels
Duration: 1 x 2-hour session ONLINE
No training kit is posted for the SIX BRICKS Christmas Workshop, however, participants will need to bring to the course the training kit from level 1 & 2 i.e. Six Bricks, ribbon, dice, peg, Move and Learn MAT / B Line MAT and the following materials:
· A small feely bag e.g. a cloth bag, shoe bag or paper or plastic bag
· A scissors and tape (Sellotape or masking tape) and markers or coloured pencils
· A small selection of inexpensive craft resources from the following list (in winter and Christmas colours/themes if wished) – you don’t need everything but a mix is good! e.g. small pieces of coloured paper or card, pipe cleaners, drinking straws, paper cocktail drink umbrellas, tin foil, balloons, Doylies, Christmas tinsel, etc.
Participants will also receive a link to electronic resources stored in a Christmas Folder which will include new and exciting Winter & Christmas themed MATS, activities, etc., all ready for downloading
Certification: Full attendance and participation is required to qualify for a SIX BRICKS Thematic Certificate (Christmas). Cameras need to be ON so that participants can receive guidance and feedback. A laptop is required for the best experience. Please check in advance that your camera is working and that you will have adequate table space beside your laptop to carry out the activities. Please note your email address will be shared with the facilitator in order to issue certificates.
Your trainer for SIX BRICKS is Miriam O Donoghue, a highly qualified and experienced teacher, trainer, educator and consultant who has worked for more than 40 years in education at Primary, Post-Primary, Further Education and Higher Education Levels including Teacher Education. Miriam, as well as working in the classroom, has held senior management roles including Director of the CDETB Curriculum Development Unit, Dublin, Ireland.
Miriam is one of only five LEAD SIX BRICKS trainers in the world who is endorsed/recognised by Care for Education. This means that as well as being a very experienced SIX BRICKS Trainer, Miriam can deliver training to higher certification levels.
To regsiter please click on LOG IN / REGISTER below
|Course Date||28-11-2022 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date||28-11-2022 9:00 pm|
|Cut off date||28-11-2022 1:00 pm|
|Individual Price||ten euro|