· This workshop will illustrate how using the outdoors within the primary school context offers exposure to a gamut of possibilities to allow a nature connection to develop and flourish.
It is through this deep love of nature at a young age that an attitude and aptitude for environmental protection can be fostered and climate change awareness can be instilled. As David Attenborough says ‘No one will protect what they don’t care about; and no one will care about what they have never experienced’.
The workshop will provide an opportunity for the educators to begin to develop a nature connection for themselves, strengthening their desire to protect it.
It will provide lots of practical ideas of how to bring the children outside for meaningful learning across the curriculum.
Learning outcomes are as follows:
• That the participants will be able to answer why we should bother using the outdoors for education across the curriculum?
• That the participants can begin to develop a nature connection for themselves and see its potential for education in our primary schools
• That the participants will come away with practical ideas for using the outdoors in school
• That the participants will be provided with useful links to further their learning in outdoor education in the school environment
Facilitator - Carmel Moore
Carmel is a Deputy Principal, in a primary school with 15 years teaching experience. Carmel is also a Forest School Leader and runs weekly outdoor forest school sessions for the pupils in the primary school for the last three years.
With qualifications in Horticulture, Special Educational Needs and a Master of Education that focused on Outdoor Education, Carmel is committed to and passionate about outdoor learning and the restorative qualities that nature has to offer.
To book your place click LOGIN / REGISTER below -
A link will be emailed to all registrants in advance of the webinar.
PLEASE NOTE -Access to a basic (Free) Zoom account is required to attend this meeting / webinar. If you do not have an account yet, please register for one in advance of the meeting/webinar to avoid any delay joining the session.
|Course Date||17-05-2021 6:00 pm|
|Course End Date||17-05-2021 7:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||19-04-2021 11:00 am|
|Cut off date||17-05-2021 1:00 pm|
|Number Hours||1 hour|