· Irish Sign Language is a functional and practical language, which if learned and practiced can provide opportunities for inclusivity, communication and fine and gross motor development.
This workshop looks to provide teachers and SNAs with a foundational understanding of Irish Sign Language, including basic vocab, phrases and mechanics of the language.
This webinar will provide participants with resources to continue to develop their own professional ISL skills as well as to teach pupils the fundamentals of the language.
Areas to be covered include:
· Hand dominance and movement in ISL
· ISL alphabet
· Counting in ISL
· Sentence structure in ISL
· ISL Language suitable for the classroom environment
· Participants will have a greater understanding of the foundational aspects of Irish Sign Language
· Participants will encounter the ISL alphabet and basic phrases for communication
· Participants will have gained knowledge of a number of practical ISL language for the classroom environment.
Facilitator - Stephen Hodnett :
Stephen is a qualified occupational therapist and primary school teacher with over 10 years’ experience in the classroom, working in both mainstream and SEN settings. Stephen has worked with Dyspraxia/DCD Ireland and their members in recent times, including the development of the ‘Our say in our schools’ resource for schools by children with Dyspraxia/DCD.
To book your place click LOGIN / REGISTER below -
A link will be emailed to all registrants in advance of the webinar.
PLEASE NOTE -Access to a basic (Free) Zoom account is required to attend this meeting / webinar. If you do not have an account yet, please register for one in advance of the meeting/webinar to avoid any delay joining the session.
|Course Date||27-09-2021 6:00 pm|
|Course End Date||27-09-2021 7:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||24-05-2021 9:00 am|
|Cut off date||27-09-2021 1:00 pm|
|Number Hours||1 hour|